Sunday, March 16, 2014

Perry Plastic Prussians, Some Couches, a RAFM Cthulhu Investigator, Maria, a Fat Guy, and 50,000 hits!

Afternoon Delightful Viewer,

Today I've finished a unit of Prussian Musketeers.  They're base on 20mm x 40mm metal bases, because that's what I had on hand.



They don't look glossy in person.  They've got multiple matte finishes.  The light just reflects off of the Prussian Blue and Black Grey.


The plastic Perry Prussians are a great deal.  I had bought two boxes and the Perry metal Fusilier conversion kit.  This enabled me to create three 24-man units (Musketeers, Fusiliers, third painted as Freikorps) and a twelve man unit of Jagers.  There's still twelve models left to paint; I may give them green stuff mustaches and call them Grenadiers.

Left to right: Musketeers, Fusiliers, Freikorps, Jaegers



Here's a RAFM investigator, what I believe is a Reaper model that appears to be Maria from the 1927 Metropolis film, and a fat guy with a sword.  I can't remember the guy's manufacturer, but I believe Megaminis now sell him.  I think he's a baggage cart handler.


Look, some new couches and a chair.  Sculpted by my very own child slave labor.


I've also managed to make a little progress on a rubble city table.  I threw some 40K toys on it for perspective.  I hope to finish it in time for an upcoming Gameday, perhaps using 5150 or FUBAR sci-fi rules.  40K wouldn't work on this table very well.  Those little Eldar models in the top of one of the buildings wouldn't be able to shoot anyone, as their weapons range won't reach the couple feet down to the ground.

I hit 50,000 hits this week, but the statistics tab said over 49,500 of them were accidental and immediately regretted.

Till next time, when I hope to have a pack of Space Marine Land Speeders for you.

Love,
Baconfat

9 comments:

  1. Great looking Prussians, James; that third photo looks like they're doing some drill maneuvers. The three characters are also very nice - love the furniture too! Wish you could make it to Enfilade! Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats for the 50k and for these beautiful Prussians!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the Prussians. That figure is indeed a Reaper fig. Great looking ruins and sofas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been a busy chap with all your excellent additions to various genres, from prussians to terrain items, - great stuff !l

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen the reaper figure before but never made the movie connection thanks for that. Love the couches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely looking Prussians. That drummer actually 'drumming' is a great figure isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice Prussians and 50,000 HITS....NICE!
    CHEERS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gratz on 50k and great looking prussians

    ReplyDelete
  9. 50k NICE! And sniper alley for the win!

    ReplyDelete